Development Strategy Seminar
Development Strategy Seminar was organized in the period of October 13-15, 2014 in Tbilisi, capital of Georgia, in the conference hall of the Georgian Athletic Federation. It was attended by 18 participants (14 men and 4 women), who represented 16 countries: ARM, AZE, BLR, BUL, GEO, EST, KAZ, KGZ, LAT, LIT, MDA, RUS, TJK, TKM (2), UKR (2), UZB.
All participants are CEOs in their National Federations, i.e., Presidents, General Secretaries and/or Executive Directors.
Mr. Abdel Malek El-Hebil, Director of the IAAF Development & Member Relations Department was Moderator of the Course. On the first day Mr. Sergey Bubka, IAAF Vice – President and Chairperson of the IAAF Development Committee, attended the Seminar, took part in the discussions and replied to the questions, raised by participants, mainly, concerning cooperation with IOC and realization of the Olympic Solidarity Program.
The following topics have been considered:
- IAAF Development & Member Relations Department (Abdel Malek El-Hebil)
- Olympic Solidarity Programs (Abdel Malek El-Hebil, Sergey Bubka)
- IAAF RDC Moscow (Vadim Zelichenok, RDC Director)
- Generation ‘Y’ (Abdel Malek El-Hebil)
- From KA to Elite Athletes – Long Term Talent Development (Abdel Malek El-Hebil)
- Management & Communication (Abdel Malek El-Hebil, workshop)
- Athletics Development Drivers. NF Marketing (Abdel Malek El-Hebil, workshop)
- Athletics Development in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Vadim Zelichenok, round table)
All participants expressed their positive evaluation about the organization of the Seminar as well as about the content of the presentations. A unanimous wish has been expressed to organize such Seminars every two years.
Participants have received the text of all presentations in English and Russian in the electronic format.